What is Gravity Forms in WordPress?
What is Gravity Forms?
Gravity Forms is a WordPress plug-in basically used for contact forms, but in more common cases, it allows website admin to create forms to collect info. Gravity Forms are also used as contact forms, WordPress post creation, calculator, employment applications, and more.
In the PHP, Gravity Forms uses so many WordPress built-in functions and features to highly rate its form builder. It also uses the same MySQL database system as WordPress, but it stores all forms and entries in its table format.
Gravity Forms is open-source. The code included in an unencrypted, and easy to make changes. We’ve added in many hooks and filters to be able to customize make Gravity Forms as an add-on to your needy content.
How to Use Gravity Forms with WordPress5.5?
If you are a Gravity Forms user and have recently upgraded to WordPress 5.5, you can able to notice that the slight changes in the editor. This is because WordPress 5.5 includes new features as below
- Added security enhancements.
- Added the gform_form_summary filter.
- Added the gform_form_switcher_forms filter.
- Added performance enhancement: updated the gform_version_info option so autoload is disabled.
So, if you were used to seeing this in a new form as Gravity Forms v2. 4.16 Changelog.
USING GRAVITY FORMS WITH WORDPRESS 5.5
If you want to continue using Gravity Forms, there are three options to do so:
- Option 1 – Gravity Forms via Classic Editor plug-in
- Option 2 – Gravity Forms via shortcode
- Option 3 – Gravity Forms via widget.
Find the next section for details for each point.
1- Using Gravity Forms via WordPress Classic Editor Plugin
Let’s discuss the topic one stepwise
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Add New’ plugins page and type “Classic Editor” into the search bar.
- Step 2: Once you are at the ‘Classic Editor’ plug-in, click “Install Now”
- Step 3: After, click “Activate” to make sure your plug-in is applied to your existing system.
- Step 4: At this step, when you edit any page on your WordPress backend, you will be able to see the classic editor with the Gravity Forms button available there. You can use the Gravity Forms button to add and configure your current Gravity Forms.
2- Adding a Gravity Forms Shortcode to Gutenberg Block Editor
The second way to add Gravity Forms is via shortcode (for all builders), which contains a few simple steps as below.
Important Note: This section assumes you know and already created a Gravity Form as per point 1 till step 3. Using an available shortcode to embed on any of your pages. Copy your shortcode and save it somewhere to copy it later easily.
- Step 1: Go on the page you want to embed a Gravity Form on and click the “+ (plus)” sign.
- Step 2: Once the Gutenberg block selector pops up, type the ‘shortcode’ into the search box.
- Step 3: Once the ‘Shortcode’ widget shows, click on it to insert.
- Step 4: Once you see the ‘Shortcode’ block inserted successfully, click into it and paste your Gravity Forms shortcode which we have copied before
- Step 5: To get the form where you need it, click on the Shortcode’s upper left corner, and hold to drag up-and-down as needed.
- Step 6: hence finally, hit ‘Save’ or ‘Publish’ and it’s done.
3- Using the Gravity Forms Widget with WordPress 5.5
The last way to insert a Gravity Form on your WordPress page is to keep the Gutenberg Editor and simply use a Gravity Forms Widget.
- Important Note: This section assumes you have the necessary plug-in installed on your WordPress website.
- Step 1: Go to the page you wish to embed a form on and click the “+ (plus)” sign.
- Step 2:Then, drag the Widget icon in to block below the editor tab.
- Step 3:Upton next, search for “Form” and select the Gravity Form Widget correctly.
- Step 4:After that, we need to choose a name and the form we want to embed, and whether you want the title and description to be shown.
- Step 5:On next, click “Done” and then hit “Save” and you are done with this as well
If you are still finding it difficult to edit and add it to your exciting system we are here to help you.
- Customize the way you want.
- Can design acceding to your current website color schemes.
- Customize it to save data in proper places to access it later. With a whole lot of features.
Do You Want To Customize Gravity Form?
How To SetUp a LMS With LearnPress Are you looking for a learning management system? Do you use WordPress for customising your websites? If you want to generate more revenue and earn more income, you must integrate online courses in your websites. The benefit of...
Which are the best e-Learning plugins in 2020? Are you looking best eLearning plugins in 2020 for an LMS plugin for your business WordPress site? Learning Management System (LMS) plugins allow you to create and run online courses like courser with WordPress. A perfect...
WHAT IS E-LEARNING? E-Learning is the process of using technology to assist learning and tutoring. Amplification in how the Internet works have allowed websites to deliver a visual and immersive and creative learning experience on a computer or mobile device, perfect...
Let's shape something great — together.
If you really want to stand in this comparative market? because there are many more competitors who have a similar portfolio of products and service like your. So, how will you business stand out?
Our experienced developers and programmers hold years of knowledge and undertake bespoke projects of all sizes. Have a unique idea or requirement? Why not contact us?