Step by Step Process for connecting LearnDash with Google Drive
The “Connecting LearnDash with Google Drive: Step by Step Guide” provides a comprehensive and easy-to-follow explanation of how to connect LearnDash, a popular online course platform, with Google Drive, a popular cloud storage service. The guide is designed for those who are new to both LearnDash and Google Drive and aims to help them understand the process of integrating the two platforms. The guide covers the following key steps in detail: creating a Google account, enabling the Google Drive API, creating a service account, granting permissions to your service account, downloading the private key, installing the Google Drive API plugin, connecting the plugin with your Google account, and integrating LearnDash with Google Drive. The guide provides clear and concise instructions for each step, making the process of connecting LearnDash with Google Drive simple and straightforward for users of all technical abilities.
Here is a step-by-step process for connecting LearnDash with Google Drive:
- Log in to your Google account: If you already have a Google account, log in. If not, create a new account.
- Go to the Google Drive API page: Open your browser and go to the Google Developers Console at https://console.developers.google.com/.
- Create a new project: Once you are logged in, click on the “Select a project” button in the top right corner of the screen, and then click on the “New Project” button. Give your project a name, select your organization if you belong to one, and click “Create.”
- Enable the Google Drive API: Go to the “APIs & Services” page, click on the “Library” tab and search for “Google Drive API.” Click on the API and then click the “Enable” button.
- Create a service account: From the “APIs & Services” page, click on the “Credentials” tab and click on the “Create credentials” button. Choose “Service account” and then click the “Create” button. Give your service account a name, and then click “Create” again.
- Grant permissions to your service account: To grant your service account access to Google Drive, you’ll need to share a folder with the service account’s email address. Go to your Google Drive, create a new folder, and then share it with the email address of your service account.
- Download the private key: From the “APIs & Services” page, click on the “Credentials” tab, find your service account, and then click on the “Download” button to download the private key as a JSON file.
- Install and activate the Google Drive API plugin: In your WordPress dashboard, go to “Plugins,” click on the “Add New” button, and search for “Google Drive API.” Install and activate the plugin.
- Connect the plugin with your Google account: Go to “Settings” and then “Google Drive API,” and then click on the “Connect” button. Upload the JSON file that you downloaded in step 7, and then click on the “Connect” button.
- Integrate LearnDash with Google Drive: Go to the “LearnDash” settings page, and then click on the “Integrations” tab. Find the “Google Drive” integration and then click on the “Connect” button. Enter the name of the folder you shared in step 6, and then click the “Connect” button.
Now that you have successfully connected LearnDash with Google Drive, you can use Google Drive to store and manage your course files and materials.